Monday, May 2, 2011

Dear Family,

Well, I will see you Friday. I hope you aren't disappointed. haha.

Instead of a weekly update on my life, I would like to simple offer you my testimony:

I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It has changed me forever. I am not the same person I used to be. The Savior has changed me slowly, bit by bit, to become more of what He wants me to be. He will do that for all of us, we must simply strive to Humble. I am so much happier now that I have committed myself to following Him. I don't always know what lies ahead. I almost never do, actually. But I'm okay with that. I know He is in control. I'd rather not know what's going to happen, with him in control, than know what's going to happen while I'm in control. I know that God, our Father, lives. He is LITERALLY our Father. He does everything in His Almighty Power to bless us and teach us. We are truly in training for greater things than any of us have ever imagined. This life is so short. So temporary. Let us not waste it. Let us not squander it. Let us press forward, feasting upon the words of Christ. Let us always remember that Eternity is not far away. We are here for such a small moment. We must do our very best to learn of and follow our Savior. If we do this, we will find ourselves soon embraced in the Savior's loving arms of mercy, surrounded with friends, family, loved ones, light, truth, and glory. It is so close. So close. I love you all very much. I can never repay you for your support and thought and prayers and sacrifice. May the Lord bless you and keep you, is my hope and prayer in the holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Elder Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment