Monday, April 11, 2011

Dear Family,

It's good to hear from you!(as always, of course). I'll be very excited for that package. The only question that remains is, will I share with the other Elders in the Apartment? :) haha And you are correct, Mom. Meat is indeed, better than chocolate.

Wow. Sounds like I have a busy schedule ahead of me when I get home. I've told you my plan right? We can bag the restaurant idea I suppose. But I do still want to go straight to the temple and do a session when I get out of the airport.

As far as speaking in church, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to be the only speaker. I can take as much time as is needed, but there should at LEAST be a Youth Speaker. No one should have to listen to me yack for 30-40 minutes. And has he assigned me a topic yet?

Well, I don't know that there's too much to report this week. Our area is pretty slow right now, but we're working hard to find people to teach.

As far as food goes, I did try my first Beer Bratwurst. It was good. I still prefer Cheese Brats though. And I still prefer traditional "weiners" over that. Speaking of this, I'm reminded. Still thinking of getting a Smoker?

Oh, haha. Our Assistants have created a "Contraband" list.(I don't think they know they definition of that word). If we have pocketknives, novels, magazines, D&D material, Pokemon Cards, or anything like unto it, they are supposed to confiscate it. I'm going to have some fun with this when the Assistants come on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. haha. :)

We had a District Leader Training meeting with President Merkley. It was fun. Mostly just talking about how to perform baptismal interviews and such. But afterwards he and Sister Merkley took us to Steak N' Shake, a nice burger joint they have out here. I enjoyed it. I wish I would've discovered how good(and reasonably priced) this place was earlier.

I'm sending home a couple of packages of stuff so I will have more space and less weight in my luggage. I also bought some things from Church Distribution. I felt I should get it now while these things are important to me. I greatly fear losing my perspective when I go home. But I will do my very best not too.

Have a great week family!
Love,
Elder Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment